Cute Witch's Broom Halloween treat from Family Fun Magazine
They are made out of pretzel sticks and Fruit by the Foot.
Looks like a neat treat that kids would love.....crunchy, salty and sweet.....and colorful! I have to try these. They look simple to make. Family Fun
1. For each one, cut a 2-inch length from a roll of Fruit by the Foot.
2. With the shorter ends on the side, fringe the bottom of the strip (leaving a 1/4-inch border uncut along the top) to create thin broom bristles.
3. Then moisten the upper edge of the fruit with a drop of water and tightly wrap it around one end of a thin pretzel-stick broom handle.
Here's another cute Halloween snack from Family Fun - Cheese Fingers!
These are made from string cheese and bell pepper for the fingernails. Several comments on the Family Fun site suggested using black olives as nails too. Here's the instructions from Family Fun:
- Wearing plastic gloves or sandwich bags over your hands to keep the cheese as smudge-free as possible, use a paring knife (parents only) to cut each string in half and then carve a shallow area for a fingernail just below the rounded end of each half.
- Mark the joint right below the nail as well as the knuckle joint by carving out tiny horizontal wedges of cheese, as pictured.
- For the fingernails, slice a green bell pepper into 3/8-inch-wide strips. Set the strips skin side down on your work surface and trim the pulp so that it's about half as thick. Then cut the strips into ragged-topped nail shapes and stick them in place at the ends of the fingers with dabs of cream cheese.