Bath Salts | City Mercantile
Drop a spoonful in your hot bath and relax!
- Epsom salt baths have astounding health benefits and are an excellent way to destress and detoxify the whole body.
- Unlike other naturally occurring salts, Epsom salts are formed from a pure mineral compound containing magnesium and sulfate. These minerals can be absorbed through your skin while taking an Epsom salt bath.
- More than 325 enzymes in the body require magnesium to function properly. Magnesium stimulates nerve and muscle function, limits inflammation, and improves oxygenation and blood flow through the body.
- Epsom salts have been shown to improve many conditions associated with inflammation and to provide pain relief by pulling out harmful toxins, and improving both mineral and sulfur balance in the body.
- You should not take Epsom salt baths if you are pregnant, have exposed cuts or burns on your skin, or are severely dehydrated. People who suffer from cardiovascular disease should first consult a doctor before taking an Epsom salt bath.
- Plan on 40 minutes in the tub for an effective Epsom salts bath. Within the first 20 minutes of treatment the salts pull toxins out of your body through the skin. The second 20 minutes allows for the absorption of minerals to occur.
- Use approximately 1/2 cup of Epsom salts for every 50 pounds of weight (eg. an individual weighing 200 lbs would use around 2 cups of Epsom salts in a bath).