Cute Witch’s Broom Halloween treat from Family Fun Magazine They are made out of pretzel sticks and Fruit by the Foot.
Looks like a neat treat that kids would love…..crunchy, salty and sweet…..and colorful! I have to try these. They look simple to make. Family Fun instructions are:
1. For each one, cut a 2-inch length from a roll of Fruit by the Foot.
2. With the shorter ends on the side, fringe the bottom of the strip (leaving a 1/4-inch border uncut along the top) to create thin broom bristles.
3. Then moisten the upper edge of the fruit with a drop of water and tightly wrap it around one end of a thin pretzel-stick broom handle.
Here’s another cute Halloween snack from Family Fun – Cheese Fingers!
- Wearing plastic gloves or sandwich bags over your hands to keep the cheese as smudge-free as possible, use a paring knife (parents only) to cut each string in half and then carve a shallow area for a fingernail just below the rounded end of each half.
- Mark the joint right below the nail as well as the knuckle joint by carving out tiny horizontal wedges of cheese, as pictured.
- For the fingernails, slice a green bell pepper into 3/8-inch-wide strips. Set the strips skin side down on your work surface and trim the pulp so that it’s about half as thick. Then cut the strips into ragged-topped nail shapes and stick them in place at the ends of the fingers with dabs of cream cheese.